BOOKS AND BAKING

Devouring food and literature one bite at a time.

The New BoB - where we review Books, Restaurants and share Recipes both Old Favorites and New Discoveries

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Love to Hate you

While was on a business trip, I had finished all the books I'd brought so of course I stopped at a book store. I picked up a book by Eva Ibbotso, who I enjoyed greatly when I read her book "A Countess Below Stairs". So I figured a fun light easy read.

Oh Yeah was I wrong.
I started it out slow, I couldn't get into it, the story was skipping around all over the place, I didn't feel like the story was taking me anywhere, but because I'd loved the other book I vowed to give it more of a shot. Two days later..... I found myself staying up late at night, way later than any woman my age with a job in the morning should. But I couldn't put it down. What would happen next? Would she? Did he? No he didn't! She's got to! The school, what would happen to the school? Did the friend survive? AHHRRGG! I CAN'T TAKE IT!
So I jump in with both feel, this book is wonderful, beautiful, fun, funny, dramatic, lyrical. There is action, suspense, opera, drama, and romance. I love this book. Days of wonderful reading, pages and chapters of gooey goodness, then.... on page 320 (of 400 pgs) The happy ending is upon us, ahhh, its so good, but hunh we aren't at the end of the book? I turn the page and THE WORLD ENDS (not literally, but may as well have) and then it says "Part II" What the jumpin' jehoshaphat? Part TWO? ARRGNH! I HATE THIS BOOK!!!
I am so hopping mad I can't bring myself to see what happens in part II... It just sits there staring at me with those wee bitty eyes, saying ohh don't you want to read my book? ohh.
stupid book.

2 comments:

Ms. Muppettt said...

One of my favorite authors. Have you read Journey to the River Sea?

Heather said...

Oh oh... that's not good at all. I had a similar problem with a trilogy that I read last year. The ending was so unbearably bad, so annoying, so maddening that I won't ever pick up one of those books again.
Maybe you should go back to the ending you liked and just tear off the rest of the book? (I can't believe I just said that!)