BOOKS AND BAKING

Devouring food and literature one bite at a time.

The New BoB - where we review Books, Restaurants and share Recipes both Old Favorites and New Discoveries

Monday, May 31, 2010

A Kid Hero & A Kid Lawyer & A Princess

Don't think for a minute that I stopped reading, I just have been busy.

So after watching the movie I was determined to finish the Percy Jackson series. I'd only read the first two. Mr. Riordon is a genius and I cant recommend his work enough. A thrilling adventure and you get to learn about the Greek Gods. I know more about Greek Mythology then I ever thought I would. He has just started a new series focused around Egyptian Gods, "Red Pyramid" I can wait to learn about Ancient Egypt through another kids adventure.


Then while I was on a business trip in Iowa, I stopped by a book store to find something to read, since I'd read both books I'd brought with me all ready. In a display my eye was caught by the name John Grisham. I read a lot of JG, so though I'd check out his new one, I was surprised to find out it was legal thriller about a kid. That was new! Of course I got it. Read it easily on the way home. It was a quick and fun read. 13 yr old Theo is the child of two lawyers, and his dream it to grow up and be the greatest criminal lawyer. He sneaks out of school just to go watch a court case. He finds himself caught up in a real criminal case. I was caught off guard with how the ending ended... I felt incomplete... but I haven't heard about book two. I can see his point if he doesn't, but I'd really like to see what's next!


I also got a book from my papa for my birthday, that I got to finish on my trip. He knew I owned and read a book called Princess and the Hound, and he found a book by the same author and is also a continuation of the story. A pretty fairy tale, and a fun quick read. Thanks Papa

No comments: