BOOKS AND BAKING

Devouring food and literature one bite at a time.

The New BoB - where we review Books, Restaurants and share Recipes both Old Favorites and New Discoveries

Monday, February 15, 2010

Tuscan Chicken and Buttered Rosemary Rolls

I was in the mood to cook something fun this weekend and after much research I settled on Tuscan Chicken and Buttered Rosemary Rolls. They really turned out yummy. I have to say, I didn't make up the recipe.... they are from 2 different sites...

The chicken is from "The Gathering of Friends" a blog that is associated with one of my favorite cookbooks by the same name.
here is the link to her site and recipe.

I took some pics along the way... her's look a lot better, but just to make sure you know I really did it...... here they are......
Pounding the chicken flat

browning in seasoning and extra virgin olive oil

.

Stir frying the vegetables (sorry Kim there are LOTS of bell peppers in this one).

Setting out the plates with spinach

Adding the chicken and pouring on the savory Glaze.

Yes it really was as yummy as it looks!!

Then we had the Buttered Rosemary Rolls - OH MY!!!
It is from the pioneer woman

and proof that I made them.....

Grma Iris made the dough in her breadmaker the day before, put it in the fridge, and then we let it warm up, shaped into rolls and put in the pans

Chopping the fresh rosemary.... my first time to do this, it was trickier than I thought it would be. But definitely worth the effort.

toasty brown out of the oven, still needing the last lather of butter.

Then the whole group enjoying the finished products.!! Brought to go along with was fresh fruit with jello mold and yogurt and the meal was finished off with fresh raspberry trifle.

Fun for all.


1 comment:

Heather said...

You made them! I've been drooling over that Buttered Rosemary roll recipe for weeks, but I thought I'd have to wait until summer when the rosemary is on again. (I'm far too cheap to buy it in the store).
You inspire me!