BOOKS AND BAKING

Devouring food and literature one bite at a time.

The New BoB - where we review Books, Restaurants and share Recipes both Old Favorites and New Discoveries

Friday, December 18, 2009

Guilty Pleasures







As I lay in bed trying to lay my worries at rest
An image pops in my head like a welcome guest
Two helpings of all American sliced bread
The doughy suppleness swirling around in my head
Liberally spread with that gooey mayo goodness
On each slice with professional finesse
Slices of ham drizzling down one upon another
2 or 4 or many more, the idea is to smother
On top of that you place the cheese
This is how I aim to please
A family secret to make it complete
Mustard and ketchup, a masterful feet
When I’m feeling fancy I add one more item
The dillies pickle, can you just say YUM!

No comments: