BOOKS AND BAKING

Devouring food and literature one bite at a time.

The New BoB - where we review Books, Restaurants and share Recipes both Old Favorites and New Discoveries

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Magical.....

The other day I was taking advantage of my Netflix (oh how I love thee) and decided to watch 'A Wrinkle in Time' I realized as I watched the film that I had completely and entirely forgotten what the story line was. I remembered there was a part where the kids walked into a creepy town, but that was it. So I then decided to take advantage of my library card (oh how I love thee) and borrowed the book on CD, to listen to. To my happy surprise, Madeleine L'Engle was reading her own story. I absolutely love it when the author reads their own story, they know precisely how their characters should be read. Madeleine knows better than anyone how exactly Meg is feeling. But on top of that there is just something magical about her and her voice, then you add a magical story on top of that... have I mentioned I found it magical?

No comments: