BOOKS AND BAKING

Devouring food and literature one bite at a time.

The New BoB - where we review Books, Restaurants and share Recipes both Old Favorites and New Discoveries

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Undaunted

Oh yeah I read it. and I loved it. I'm now desperate to go down south and see where the all these things took lace. There is so much about our pioneer history that is so amazing and inspiring. I know I know this is a fictional book, and no I don't believe the Steeds are real places. But no one can deny that Elder Lund uses as much truth as he can. In this book he actually lists at the end of each chapter what is real and what is embellished. One thing I'd never thought thought about before is that Lake Powell didn't even exist back then. When we go south it is Lake Side Resorts, camping, four wheeling, 4x4 fun. But how to survive there with no air conditioning, no McD's on the corner... just fascinating and more than a little inspiring (oh kay i admit I got choked up more than once) As Jans Nielson said, they had stickity tootie. One of my favorite quotes (and yes Bishop Nielson is a real person, and these are real quotes, and yes it is the same Jans Nielson from the Fire and the Covenant) "Even when there is no way to go, you must go."

No comments: